среда, 14 ноября 2007 г.

Bedroom Decorating with a non-vintage crochet bedspread

Bedroom Decorating with a non-vintage crochet bedspread

Good morning sweet followers of all things Songbird, I am here to show you some foofing and fluffing I did in the bedroom. Yup another bedroom decorating post today.


bed room decorating white and grey 9

It all started with a putty colored crochet throw I recently acquired. Now I’d love to say that this is the real vintage thing. That it is lovingly handmade by a grey haired grandmother from the south of France. That it is aged through time and use and has that exquisite delicate soft touch that only the real vintage deal has.


But alas. It is store bought and probably machine crocheted (is that a word?) in China.


bed room decorating white and grey 4

It is quite lovely anyway. Exactly the right kind of putty grey. I call that color greige and I love it.


Not that I don’t love me a vintage crochet bedspread (remember the blue one I showed you last summer, I still haven’t parted with that one), but sometimes it is a little hard to find those in the right conditions.


A few weeks ago I was at one of my favorite flea markets. It is a favorite because they always have a large linens selection. There were crochet bedspreads galore. I had my eye on three of them, and schlepped them around for some time afraid that someone would snatch them away otherwise. I hauled them around while I tried to find more goodies in the piles and piles of linens and stuff.


Just before I went to pay for them I took a second look at them and sought out a bit better light, since I was indoors. Iwas convinced I had found golden treasures in the dark. But! One had that vague color that could be aged white, it could also be just plain dirty and I wasn’t too sure if it would hold up to some serious washing. So I reluctantly put it away. The second one that I thought to be a lovely greige was not grey, not beige and definitely not greige but more of an awkward yellowy mustard color that reminded me of a certain stomach illness that I shall not mention. And the third one turned out to have really odd dimensions.


All of them were pretty expensive. So in the end I left them all behind. It saddened me, but it had to be done. I am sure they were right for someone else.


bed room decorating white and grey 3

And then I found this faux-vintage one in a discount home decor store. And it was perfect. So it came home with me.


It inspired a little foofing, and fluffing of our boudoir. It was about time I did some bedroom decorating, I still had the faux-fur chair in the corner as if it was still deep winter.


bed room decorating white and grey 6

I also added another string of twinkly lights. Since they turned out to be a chain rather than a string I hung them on my sentimental bus sign print.


I love all my twinkly lights at night. They set the mood for quieter times and help me unwind. Oh and I look better in this soft light too not that that really matters….


bed room decorating white and grey 7

They are fun, aren’t they those big balls of light.


bed room decorating white and grey 1

By the way I am considering painting my headboard white. What do you think, would it quiet the room a bit more and be less demanding of attention, or would you miss the rustic wood? I am undecided yet, but I am thinking about it……


bed room decorating white and grey 11

Mini bedroom decorating makeover. And it all started with a crochet bedspread……


Love me some crochet…….


bed room decorating white and grey 5

And twinkly lights……


Original article and pictures take www.songbirdblog.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий