среда, 21 сентября 2011 г.

How to Add More Storage in the Kitchen

How to Add More Storage in the Kitchen

We love our kitchen and all of the changes that we have made to make it truly fit our tastes and needs. We use every inch of the cabinet space that is available and even reworked our laundry closet into a shared laundry/pantry just to get some more storage space for food, etc. Recently, we figured out a great IKEA hack that was a perfect answer to how to add more storage in our the kitchen. It was such an easy fix, and I use it every single day.


Cabinet before adding storage
(Sorry for the messy iphone photo, right before we installed I remember I needed to take a before.)


When Mom was here in the fall, she mentioned that we had some wasted space at the end of our cabinets that face our living room. She knows how we value storage around here, especially with a toddler added to the mix. Mom suggested that Yankee build a book shelf on the end of the cabinet for my cookbooks. I thought it was a great idea. There are certain cookbooks that I use over and over again, and having them near and handy would be a bonus. Yankee and I discussed the style of shelves he could build, when he could do it, how he could do it, etc. Then I made a brilliant discovery that gave us an entirely different approach to the project.


How to add storage to your cabinets


Instead of building shelves, we bought shelves that were already constructed. And instead of buying a massive shelf which was our first idea, we simplified things and bought three of these spice shelves at IKEA. They cost just $3.99, each. Then I painted each one of them white using just a can of spray paint. These shelves are sturdy and can easily hold two or three cookbooks within easy reach.


How to add cookbook storage for your cookbooks.


Yankee attached them to the end of the cabinet, and we had almost instant cookbook storage. This project was easy, fast, inexpensive, and useful. What more could you want when doing a DIY project?


How to add storage to your kitchen cabinets

I am so happy that we made this small improvement that had such a big impact on our daily routine. There are certain cookbooks that I use frequently, and having them so handy makes such an improvement. I no longer need to go to our bookshelves in the playroom and search for a certain cookbook when I need a recipe. My favorite go-to books are now right where I need them and can find them. Maybe it will give you some ideas about adding more storage in your own kitchens. Take a look around. Do you have a cabinet that has some space to spare?


How to add storage to your cabinets.
Happy cooking.


Cheers!


Original article and pictures take the2seasons.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий