четверг, 13 февраля 2014 г.

Planning a Dream Kitchen

Planning a Dream Kitchen
how to plan a dream kitchen,  adding colour, style personality appliances.

There is something to be said for day dreaming I think. I often have my best ideas whilst daydreaming in the shower, or looking at images on Pinterest and pondering for a while, what I would go for if I was renovating a particular room. Well I’ve been daydreaming about our dining kitchen and utility area recently. I love our kitchen, it’s a great shape, and has everything that we need, however its starting to look a little tired, it was last renovated 8 years ago, when we first moved into the house. We are chatting about what changes we would need to mix it up, and really making it out dream kitchen. I think once you have done one kitchen renovation, it definitely gives you more insight on what works and what doesn’t. Of course styles and fashions change, but most importantly you can see the mistakes that you have made, and how you could improve on what you have.


Here’s what we came up with to think about when planning your dream kitchen:


Kitchen Style


painted cupboards kitchen grey shaker style  white subway tile

Image Credit : JennaSue


Whatever you decide to go for modern or traditional, keep in mind the light. Because a kitchen and its cupboards are so bulky, they can suck all of the natural light out of a kitchen. Are there solutions to add more natural light, making windows and doors larger, or the paint choices and finishes bouncing more light around?


Modern Kitchens can be matt or shiny, with the big expanses of uncluttered lines, this does help keep a kitchen feeling clean and fuss free and more expansive. A traditional kitchen often has a more rustic appearance, usually embracing more natural materials and being more detailed in its appearance, so enclosing the kitchen making it feel more cosy. Both of these looks have there merits, so look at your space, and think about what would work for you.


modern kitchen details in the paintwork

Appliances


Choosing the right appliances for the space is essential. If you have room, think about the more noisy appliances being in the utility room, I am thinking washers and driers, but this could also mean a freezer or wine fridge perhaps. Ovens and hobs really do come in many different variations. Range cookers are perfect for a more traditional feel, but I have my eye on a different look this time with a couple of built-in ovens, including a steam oven, Amica have a fantastic selection of these, with a ceramic hob.


In an absolute dream kitchen I would also have two dishwashers, I once used a kitchen with this set up, and believe me it was an amazing idea. Perfect for a busy family, and no more arguing about who unloads the dishwasher!


Finishing Touches


The Devil is in the Details!


n.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_is_in_the_detail The idiom

Image Credit : The Chic Street Journal


I tend to treat my all my rooms similarly, and I add my personality in the details. So think artwork and another items that are on display. This is where you can really follow a trend, that you know will have gone out of fashion by the following year. Experiment with pops of colour, patterns and texture.


Consider open shelving to show off your collections, rather than hiding everything away. Adding plants, herbs or indoor flowering plants.


I would put paint colour in this section too. Colour can completely transform a room, my current love is to mix darker inky colour with rich warm metallics like copper. It’s a really individual look, that works well to add coziness to a modern or a tradition kitchen. I love this look, and you can see below how Eye Swoon has used colour to marry a vintage and modern style together.


dark inky grey blue kitchen with metallic copper accents

Image Credit : Eye Swoon


Are you planning a dream kitchen at the moment, what would be on your must have dream list?


Featured Post


Original article and pictures take theanamumdiary.co.uk site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий