вторник, 7 ноября 2006 г.

A Closet Organizer for Him

A Closet Organizer for Him

Let me show you how I got started. My Dad and I went to Lowe's over the Christmas holidays and purchased two strips of MDF crown molding for $3.50 each. Cheap huh! My Dad built the frame using the measurements of the wall in the closet.


The inside of each moulding strip was routed with a 1/4" rabbeting bit. This is necessary to ensure that that the peg board sets inside the frame.


This is where I started taking pictures...so sorry...But here you can see how he glued and nailed the corners together...this frame was less than $7.00 to build...you can't beat that..





After the frame was painted Dad screwed the screen clips onto the back of the frame. The screen clips are for holding the peg board into place once it is installed.




The peg board was the next item to purchase. We needed to know the exact measurements because Lowe's will cut it for you...$9.00 for the whole sheet. I had a ton of peg board leftover and will be using it for my closet.


Here is the peg board laying face down on the fabric. I left a good 2" margin of fabric on each side. When I was ready to start stapling, I folded down 1" and then another inch and then stapled. See picture below to make sense of what I just said....



Here is the peg board with all of the fabric stapled and then put into the frame....



Now it's time to start installing the peg board hooks and baskets. I used a craft knife to pierce a hole where the hooks would go...





These hooks come with the locking black strip. The strips keep the hook in place at all times.



The only thing left to do besides hanging everything on the frame is installing hangers on the back so it can be hung on the wall. Here is what I used...


I used the heavy weight picture hangers and placed them a 1/4 of the way down on each side. Marked my hole and then used a tiny drill to get my hole started and then screwed them in place. Do the same for both sides.



and here it is all finished and ready to hang...I was lucky that I had a studs on my wall to hang it!



When I finished installing the hooks at the top and installing the hardware on the back of the frame, I went ahead and hung my husbands ties and belts so I would know how much space I had to work with toward the bottom. The pictures below show you the rest of the frame finished. I used the same method to install the baskets as I did the hooks.






A place for his collar stays and those pesky paper dry cleaning tags that I used to find laid everywhere...I used old pimento jars...






I'm so happy with the way this turned out. This system will so helpful for him when he is getting ready for work in the mornings. Everything is literally at his fingertips!!


I have BIG plans for the one in my closet, so stay tuned...a little hint, pink and black!!


UPDATE...Below is a picture and link to the Closet Organizer for Her that I made soon after completing my husbands..



Original article and pictures take lookiewhatidid.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий